Men’s Sunday Morning Bible Study
- Name: Fellowship Class
- Age: 55-80+
- Description: The Fellowship class is lecture-based and provides in-depth Bible study anchored by practical application of the scriptures to our lives. They use Lifeway’s Bible Stories for Life curriculum. The class encourages active participation, recognizing the work of the Holy Spirit in all Christians.
- Name: MMB Class
- Age: 70 and up
- Description: This smaller men’s class uses Lifeway’s Bible Stories for Life material. The MMB class rejoices in Christian fellowship and seeks to do God’s will individually as led by the Holy Spirit.
Women’s Sunday Morning Bible Study
- Name: Dorcas Class
- Age: 65-85
- Description: Dorcas means “full of good works and acts of charity.” This senior ladies’ group uses Smyth & Helwys’ Formations curriculum. They visit the sick and the homebound and help with mission work as needed throughout the year. They support the Baptist Children’s Home (Hopetree) and Personal Ministry.
- Name: Sarah Class
- Age: 70 and up
- Description: This senior ladies’ group uses Lifeway’s Bible Stories for Life material. The lesson consists of a combination of lecture and discussion, with emphasis on practical application. Additionally, there is one memory verse of Scripture for each month. The class contributes to all church-wide mission funds and responds to many of the monthly WMU mission emphasis as well as help with the serving of Wednesday night suppers.
Co-Ed Sunday Morning Bible Study
- Name: Genesis Class
- Age: 45-60
- Description: The Genesis Class is a co-ed group of married and single adults. They are a discussion based group and use the Lifeway Explore the Bible series for their curriculum.
- Name: Seekers Class
- Age: 50 and up
- Description: The Seekers Class is a diverse group of singles, both women and men, devoted to Bible study and serving God. Utilizing Lifeway’s Explore the Bible series, each individual brings over 45 years of life experience to a “round table” of discussion. They believe that by sharing new ideas and resources they can grow and become more like Christ.
- Name: Joy Class
- Age: 60 and up
- Description: The Joy Class is geared to older couples but is also open to singles. Many of the class members have served as teachers at MHBC throughout the years. The group uses Smyth & Helwys Formations material.
Sunday Night Alive
Want to go deeper? On Sunday evenings at 6 p.m. from September to May, adults choose from a variety of Christian discipleship small group studies.
Belles and Beaux
The Belles and Beaux is a senior adult group that meets on the third Sunday of each month for a meal, an entertaining program, and for fellowship. The group also takes many exciting day trips, goes to local musicals and plays, and takes deluxe guided tours to locations such as Myrtle Beach, New York City, and Lancaster, PA.