In 1 Peter 4:10 the Lord calls each of use to serve one another: “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” You can use your gifts, talents, or finances to contribute in a worship service, teach, work behind the scenes, make a donation, etc. God also desires that we serve him with gladness. Choose something that speaks to you! If you would like help with identifying your gifts or would like more information about any of the opportunities listed, please contact the church office.
In addition to local mission projects, many of our church family have volunteered in stateside and international projects. Previous trips include:
- Slovakia (2002) – Vacation Bible School
- Washington, D.C. (2003) – Vacation Bible School
- Trinidad (2004) – Vacation Bible School
- Grenada (2006) – Vacation Bible School
- Romania (2008) – Vacation Bible School
- Tanzania (2011) – Led Christian Ethics Conference
- Panama (2012)- Vacation Bible School
- Romania (2014)- Vacation Bible School
- Danville, VA (2014)- Youth Team for Homeless and Hungry Ministries
- Alcoholics Anonymous meets on Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. This is one of the largest AA gatherings in Richmond and is open to all.
- Survival of Suicide Loss Support Group meets on the first Thursday of each month in the Church Parlor. This is open to persons who are dealing with the loss of a loved one through suicide.
- CARITAS stands for Churches Around Richmond Involved to Assure Shelter. Monument Heights Baptist provides food and shelter for the homeless one week each year.
- National Alliance of Mental Illness meets the second and fourth Wednesdays on the second floor. This group provides support to persons suffering with depression and bipolar mood disorder and is open for new persons at any time.
- GriefShare is a Christian-based grief recovery support group that utilizes a specific Bible-based, video curriculum. It meets in the Church Parlor on Sundays at 5:30 PM. Contact the church office to obtain the start/end session schedule and to register in advance.
- We also provide food to Lamb’s Basket.
Open Volunteer Opportunities
Below is a list of volunteer/service opportunities open to non-members and members of Monument Heights. If you have an interest in volunteering for any of these positions or would like to make a donation, please notify the church office.
- English Language Teachers and Assistants for Tuesday ELS
- Homework Buddies for grade school children during Tuesday ELS classes
- Childcare Workers for (infant – preschool) during Tuesday ELS classes
- Videographer/Photographer for Morning Worship
- Food Pantry Donations (canned goods)
- Book and DVD Donations for Library
Join A Group
Are you interested in helping others and would like to experience the joy and satisfaction of giving back? We offer a number of mission groups for women and our men support a variety of mission projects.
Participate In a Project or Event
We have a number of annual, monthly, and ongoing mission projects in which we welcome you to participate.
Serve On A Team
There is a saying that “You get out what you put into something”. This is driven by the connections that you establish when you get involved. There are a number of opportunities to serve the Lord through being a servant within the church. If you are a church member who is interested in learning more or getting involved with one of the church teams, please contact the church office. We hope to hear from you soon.